Saturday, November 14, 2009

Don't Stop Till You Get Enough Dirty Reggae

I forgot to mention that last weekend I saw a couple of copies of The Drastics' MJ a Rocker "bootleg" LP at Rock and Soul--an old skool shop near Madison Square Garden/Penn Station with electronics in the front and LPs, 12" singles, and DJ equipment in the back (they even have a couple of turntables set up so you can listen to the vinyl--loudly!). Rock and Soul mostly carries hip-hop, but there are some reggae and new wave (!) albums and singles to be found there. Having said that, this was one of the last places I expected to come across this LP.

MJ a Rocker was proudly displayed on the shelf with a slew of Michael Jackson vinyl...

4 comments:

David T said...

nice find!

Steve from Moon said...

Thanks. I actually had ordered this LP through Jump Up earlier this fall, but it was cool to stumble upon it randomly...

Brendan said...

Bucket had a few for sale at the Ska is Dead show last night. I had just seen it here and it felt like a weird case of Deja Vu...

Steve from Moon said...

Brendan:

Buck and I arranged it that way.

Actually, when he was in NYC at the end of October at The Knitting Factory, I was surprised that he was only selling Toasters merch--usually his table has other releases, too. So, clearly he picked up some other merch along the SID tour...

Steve